(Author Sunda 10 through this site ideasforsure is giving information on varied subjects to her readers. This site contains valuable information and also affiliate links of amazon.com, Amazon.in through which any product can be purchased. She is also offering details of products she is promoting to help you.)
This is a question which I am answering everyday to myself. I was convinced when I read Christian Mihai’s post Feel like giving it up read this
Christian Mihai in his blog the art of blogging has very nicely portrayed the emotions we go through as a blogger. The questions which come to our mind and the answers we search from our readers is very nicely illustrated.
Blogging is a bundle of thoughts, facts and emotions put together scientifically in the post given birth by you. A post is like a child born and the stress and strain the new mother undergoes with her child, similar is the stress and strain a new blogger undergoes.
The stress which all bloggers feel, I too felt right from the beginning. Is it not my cup of tea? Am I not born for it? Am I expecting too much from myself? What am I? Damn
Having spent 19 years in school, college and 36 years on a job where I actually dealt with Accounts and Administration, that too Government Accounts which will not interest anyone. At home I am dealing with household chores like cleaning, dusting, washing ,cooking and parenting of two boys.
I cannot credit myself that I am too good at parenting or household chores. Even today I get frustrated with my elderly boys and hold myself responsible for their mistakes.
Health & Fitness is not for me, because I am not a fitness freak or any health aware individual. I just concentrate on eating only homemade food with lots of vegetables curries and curd. Even snacks, breakfast are all home made. Now after I had a health problem I had to give up this culture also. So Health & Fitness sorry.
Then travel I started a blog https://mytravelideas123.com I just wrote one post.
To write further I have to travel which is not possible right now and the other alternative is to steal ideas and make it my brand. This will not make much sense because first hand information makes all the difference. I have suspended writing that blog waiting for the right season.
I can write about lifestyle, cars etc but again the same hindrance. Real estate means NO, then what do I write.
Trending topic is best. Go to google trends, MSN news and write about the topics . You can add some information. It is good idea but it cannot work for long because having good knowledge & involvement of economics, politics etc is must.
Insurance, Mutual funds Investment ideas etc I have some knowledge but not full.
I have already mentioned that I am not any voracious reader to write any book reviews. I have read lot of personal development books like Magic of thinking big, Rich dad poor dad, Alchemist, Attitude is everything, The power of subconscious mind, The power of now etc. These books ignite your minds and allows you to evaluate your personality and make changes in thought, behavior and action.
I know about many things but not everything about one particular topic. Then what can I think about blogging. Blogs generally are written around one niche. I began to write. I did not know what niche I should deal with. I decided to write on varied topics which I feel confident forgetting about niche .
I gave my blog title as Information. I selected the domain ideasforsure.com because ultimately I will be giving some information and ideas on varied topics which will be of interest and use to all. I also decided to learn blogging ,SEO and affiliate marketing. I am regular user of Amazon products. So I opted to do affiliate marketing with Amazon. I am not trying to explain my working. I am giving a route to the readers to exercise their choice aptly so that their domain and blog title communicates their interest, passion and also summarises the blog ideas for which it is constructed.
Learn, do, teach is the mantra I followed in my job and home. This same thing I will carry out with my posts. Thus I wrote my first blog What is blogging? why is this platform so popular?
I was surprised I had 3 views and 5 likes. I felt on the top of the world. I wrote on several topics. This is what every blogger feels sometimes excitement and sometimes frustration. How to get over this mood extremes Answer is CONSISTENTLY BLOG.
THE FIRST THING WHEN I GET UP IN THE MORNING, I ASK MYSELF WHAT SHOULD I WRITE TODAY WHICH WILL BE USEFUL TO EVERYONE.
By evening I get the answer. Some topics comes to my mind, Some incidents I had forgotten I remember. If I am totally blank I read a lot from MSN ,Blogs, books etc. I am sure some topic builds up and I am writing the post confidently.
I have read several blogs from shoutmeloud. I have heard audiotapes of Neilpatel. I have also read Christian Mihai’s art of blogging and so many book reviews. These blogs give us a lead about what you think, what you should explore, what you should write. But the doubt always exist.
- Will everyone read my blog.: My blogs are in simple English .It is grammatically correct and with no spelling mistakes. However, I am not a voracious reader so my vocabulary is not so high. I don’t use any sophisticated words to convey my message. Inspite of my weaknesses I am writing many blogs and expecting everyone to read. isn’t it too much?
- will my blog be useful to everyone: My blogs should be useful to everyone in some way like they are implementing in their work, day to day life or blogs. It should be a inspiration and instigate everyone to open their hearts and ask if she can do it why not me?
- Will the readers understand me: Understanding is the core of any blog. When the readers read my blog they should understand what I am trying to communicate.
- Will I give new ideas: This question is very significant because we are not going to rediscover the wheel. Just like some blogger mentioned carpet is already laid, framework is already made. Only rearranging of items to make a difference is required. Inspite of this conviction, communicating a new idea in your blog which will ignite several minds is very necessary.
- will I make them emotionally involved.: man is a social animal. He likes to share everything with the society he lives. He likes to involve his mind and heart in everything he does. He does anything good when his feelings are aroused while he rejects everything when his feelings are otherwise. Will this emotional involvement lead to trust so that the readers repeatedly read my blogs.
- Will I steer everyone’s thought: Yes a post should give enough content to cover the topic completely. Whether the post is easy to read and scroll is most essential. However a blog should not answer all questions but steer their thought to get answers. Only when the readers have questions will they comment on the blog asking for answers.
A blog is complete if it involves the readers physically, mentally, and emotionally and gives the feeling of having read something extraordinary even if it is just ordinary. Thus blog is a bundle of emotions and facts scientifically laid down to communicate to the reader the authors views and steer his thinking faculty.
WHAT DO YOU THINK BLOGGING IS? DO YOU GET SUCH FRUSTRATING MOMENTS WHEN YOU THINK BLOGGING IS NOT FOR YOU PLEASE GIVE YOUR COMMENTS.